-Boilers and pressure vessels – including process, storage and exchanger type.
- Work experience has covered primarily the fabrication of new build and refurbishment of previously in-service equipment on the following:
-Piping – including process (petrochemical), power, cross-country pipeline and utility.
-Tanks – both new build and repair/refurb
-Subsea drilling equipment – including drilling riser and blowout preventer (BOP) stacks.
-Structural steel fabrication
- Quality assurance/control for the inspection and testing of aforementioned materials, following all stages of the manufacturing process including material reception (verification materials conform to code and contractual requirements), all aspects of welding from welder certifications to production welding inspections, witnessing and verification of destructive and non-destructive testing (NDT) and witnessing of factory acceptance testing including hydrostatic, pneumatic, and gas testing.
- Performing vendor/supplier visits for expediting/progress monitoring and inspections on the manufacturing processes and final factory acceptance tests.
- Generating testing and inspection documents such as inspection & test plans (ITPS), production welding log books, welder certifications and welding procedure specifications using Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Extensive training and knowledge of safety requirements (HSSE) for each-and-every job site worked on including power plants, refineries, chemical plants, industrial fabrication facilities and port facilities; including loading and unloading of critical components onto large capacity ocean-going vessels.
- Working knowledge of codes AWS D1.1; ASME I, V, VIII, IX, B31.1 & B31.3; API 510, 570, 650, 653, 6A & 16A. Experienced also with NACE, ASTM, ASNT, various EN and ISO standards as well as French nuclear code RCC-M.
WORK EXPERIENCEINTEGRITY INSPECTIONS, EURL – Sept 10, 2014 to Present Owner & Manager of French company Integrity Inspections – Contract Inspection ServicesMarch 2018 – present: QA/QC Manager for Amec Foster Wheeler/WOOD at Borealis AG site in Grand Quevilly, France
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the quality control procedures for all subcontractors’ employed by Foster Wheeler for construction works performed at the Borealis Grand Quevilly facility.- Review and approval of PAQs (Plans d’Exècution de Qualité), ITPs (Inspection and Test Plans) & PVs (Procès Verbaux/job site inspection reports). - Ensuring that the PV points of inspection are being followed and respected with regards to the applicable ITPs.- Performing pre-job safety analyses (JSAs)/’analyze des risques’ prior to starting work. Completing job site work permits/ ‘autorizations de travails’ according to the dangers identified during the JSA and with the advice and approval of the on-site personnel. Performing HSE audits on the job sites to ensure the work force is complying with the applicable HSE requirements. - Responsible for final QC documentation review after works are completed and compiling all applicable documentation into a final QC package for turnover to the end client.March 2017 – March 2018: QA/QC Coordinator & Inspector at Huisman Equipment B.V. in Schiedam, Netherlands
- Interface with client and class (DNV, LR, etc) on all hold point and monitoring activities to ensure compliance with applicable contractual documents, ITP and client/class requirements.- Inspection of weld joint fit-ups (full pen., partial pen., X, K & Y preps), surveillance on in-process welding and visual inspection of all completed weld joints. Thereafter, releasing welds for non-destructive testing (NDT) and upon acceptance, releasing the parts for further operations (i.e. machining and/or blasting and coating).- Surface and coatings inspections including surface roughness and salinity testing of blasted surfaces as well as visual inspection and DFT measurements of all stages of coating processes.- Verify the use of approved welding procedure specifications (WPSs) with supporting procedure qualification records (PQRs), verify that welding personnel are properly qualified to applicable WPSs and verify that welding is being performed in conformance with the applicable WPSs. - Continuous training, monitoring, and reporting on all matters concerning health, safety & environmental (HSE) that can occur on a daily-basis.February & March 2017: Client representative for Vattenfall for the Aberdeen Offshore Wind Farm project at Eiffage Metals fabrication facility in Fos-Sur-Mer, France.
Construction of offshore turbine foundations (jackets). Responsible for:- Verifying supplier’s conformance to contractual agreements of the project per the terms laid out in the project specific inspection and test plan (ITP). Fabrication and testing were governed by EN-1090-2 Part2: Technical requirements for steel structures and DNVGL-ST-0126: Design of offshore wind turbine structures. - Monitoring and inspecting daily progress of cutting, fitting, welding and inspection and testing operations performed by Eiffage in-house personnel. - Verifying the use of approved welding procedure specifications (WPSs) with supporting procedure qualification records (PQRs), verifying that welding personnel were properly qualified to applicable WPSs and verifying that welding was being performed in conformance with the applicable WPSs. - Verifying non-destructive testing (NDT) personnel were properly qualified to the applicable test methods being used and that the testing was being performed in conformance with the applicable NDT procedures.November 2012 – January 2017: Lead Inspector & Resident Surveyor for Transocean Deepwater Drilling at Cameron, Beziers, FRANCE.
Following all equipment associated with Transocean purchase orders:This included, but was not limited to, U, UII & TL type BOPs with blind, shear, super shear & variable bore rams. DL type annular BOPs, LMRP & wellhead connectors, MCS & FLS type gate valves, spacer spools, test stumps & C&K line connectors. Riser LK 3.5 main pipe, choke & kill, mud boost & hydraulic joints. - Surveying activities included weld start-up, heat treatment, machining, NDT/dimensional/hardness testing, FAT, final inspection and data book review. - Monitoring progress of ongoing Transocean projects; keeping up to date with the most current delivery schedules provided by Cameron and seeking to validate the information given by witnessing the equipment ongoing in the workshops. - Continuous training, monitoring, and reporting on all matters concerning health, safety & environmental (HSE) that can occur on a daily-basis.QUINEX SARL – August 1, 2012 – February 15, 2015
Survey of FAT / functionality tests on hydraulic actuated ball valves at Tyco Flow Controls (Vitrolles, FRANCE) for Thai Nippon Steel Corp on behalf of Germanisher Lloyds Noble Denton and for Samsung Engineering on behalf of Intertek.- Visit to vendor for a check on materials received with associated certificates; work done, reporting associated with issuance of certificates by vendor; follow-up of ongoing operations, compliance with WPSs; visiting of the stock materials, welding and commodities for a diatom filter vessel at SGAI (Alès, FRANCE) for Saipem/Total on behalf of ATS.- Resident Surveyor for Shell of manufacturing (welding, machining, and heat treating) and testing (visual, NDT, hardness, and pressure / FAT) on EVO BOPs and associated equipment (bonnet assemblies, gate valves (manual and actuated)) at Cameron (Beziers, FRANCE) for the Shell Olympus Mars-B BOP Stack project on behalf of Germanisher Lloyds Noble Denton.- Survey of FAT tests including body test, close function tests of blind rams, shear test and drift test for U type double BOP at Cameron (Beziers, FRANCE) for Chevron / Seadrill on behalf of DTI.- Survey of FAT tests including body test, close function tests of blind rams, breaking test for variable bore rams and drift test for U type double BOP at Cameron (Beziers, FRANCE) for Saipem on behalf of Velosi.- Survey of FAT tests including body test, close function tests of annular packing on drill pipe and drift test for DL type annular BOP at Cameron (Beziers, FRANCE) for DSME on behalf of Poom Won Engineers.- Survey of hydrostatic shell test, hydrostatic and pneumatic seats test, torque test, visual, dimensional, marking examination & QA / QC documentation review ; Actuator functionality/FAT; Fugitive Emission testing on Shutdown ball valve at Sud Robinetterie Industrie (Marseille, FRANCE) for Single Bouy Moorings Inc. IESCO (International Energy Services Company) Oct. 2011 – July 2012
Piping/Welding Inspector -
Contractor for Flint Hills Resources oil refinery (St. Paul, MN, USA)
- Work performed to ASME Sec. IX & B31.3, API 570 and AWS D1.1.- Piping inspector – Oversee piping contractor’s welder testing, production welding and piping installation processes. Witness various tests on piping systems including hydrostatic, pneumatic, static and service tests and act as refinery’s inspection representative on final test acceptance / sign off. Inspect new and previously in service gate and check valves. Review PMI (positive material identification) and PWHT (post weld heat treatment) results for piping projects performed by contractors and refinery piping personnel. - CUI (corrosion under insulation) inspector – Inspect in-service piping systems in the refinery for CUI, take photos and write detailed reports on the current conditions of the piping, scope systems for piping and insulation repairs and/or replacements. Consult with refinery’s inspection department on major CUI driven piping replacement projects. - Continuous training, monitoring, and reporting on all matters concerning health, safety & environmental (HSE)New Mech Companies/Corval Group May 08 – Oct. 2011
Quality Control Manager
- Work performed in power and process piping fabrication, and pressure vessel fabrication to ASME Sec. VIII, IX, B31.1 & B31.3 and AWS D1.1.- Point of contact with clients’ inspection representatives for all welding, fabrication, and testing procedures. Manage field inspection personnel (up to 4)- Responsible for welder testing and generating welder certifications and maintaining welder continuity records. Ensure welders are meeting inspection / RT requirements for production welding. - Weld mapping and weld traveler generation and distribution. Track weld quality by welder, welding process (i.e. GTAW, SMAW), weld material (i.e. CS, SS, Chrome, etc.), and/or specific projects. All documents generated on Excel or Access. Welder quality tracking maintained on Excel. - Generate testing packages for field installations including hydrostatic, pneumatic, static, service, visual, and NDT in lieu of hydro tests. Generate ITPs (inspection and testing plans) for special projects including heat exchanger replacement and testing, boiler tube replacement and testing, high pressure hydraulic tubing installation and testing, and welding on in-service piping systems. - Weld inspections on piping, pressure vessel, and structural steel welds. Piping systems inspections on process, power, and utility piping. - Continuous training, monitoring, and reporting on all matters concerning health, safety & environmental (HSE).American Engineering and Testing Inc. May 04 – May 2008
NDT Level II Technician RT, UT, MT, PT & VT
- Work performed to multiple codes including ASME Sec. I, V, VIII, IX, B31.1, & B31.3, AWS D1.1 & D1.5 as well as applicable ASNT codes governing NDT processes. - VT/CWI inspections on power and process piping, tank, pressure vessel, and structural steel welds. - RT (gamma) on welds for process and power piping, boilers, pressure vessels, tanks, bridges, and food/medical grade tubing. RT (gamma) “profile” shots on in process piping for ID/OD corrosion monitoring in the refining industry. - RT (x-ray) on castings for the manufacturing, power, aviation, and defense industries. - RT film interpretation of all items listed above.- MT/PT on piping, pressure vessel, tank, bridge component, and structural steel welds. MT/PT on cast and forged components including gate, check and control valves and on raised face and RTJ flanges as well as various components for the manufacturing, aviation, and defense industries. MT/PT on, pressure vessel, turbine, pump, and compressor internal components. - UT thickness monitoring on in service process and power piping, tanks, pressure vessels, exchangers & boilers. UT shear wave on piping, tank, bridge, and structural steel welds. - PMI (Positive Material Identification) on welds and components listed above including Chrome (1 ¼, 2 ¼, 5 & 9), Stainless Steels (304, 308, 316, 317, 321 & 347) and Inconel (625, 825 & 925). - Brinell Hardness Testing on A106 carbon steel, and 1 ¼, 2 ¼, 5 & 9 chrome welds.INTERNSHIP / ON THE JOB TRAINING:
Predictive Maintenance NDT exclusively for Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) West Palm Beach, Florida Oct. – Dec. 2003 & March – April 2004. NDT Level I - MT, PT, UT, VT, ET.COURSES / TRAINING:
- Nov 2016 American Welding Society, 9 year Seminar, Renewed certification – Louisiana, USA
- Dec 2014 American Petroleum Institute, Source Inspector, Fixed Equipment – Toulouse, France
- 2007 American Welding Society, Certified Welding Inspector – Minnesota, USA
- 2004 Ridgewater College - Non Destructive Testing program – Minnesota, USA
- 2002 University of Minnesota – General Education for Engineering – Minnesota, USA
- 2001 Graduate of Milaca High School - Minnesota, USA
- Languages: English (Native), French (Fluent)
- Pack Office: Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Drivers’ Licence : Minnesota, USA – Class D & Permis de Conduire Français - B